ott der jude

European historical unarmed fighting techniques & methods

Moderators: Stacy Clifford, Webmaster, John Farthing

mike willus

ott der jude

Postby mike willus » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:34 am

I am a pro-mma fighter and a jew...and, thusly, i have an interest in austrian wrestling master Ott der Jude.

I am looking for perhaps a book about his life or perhaps just a portrait or woodcuts?

any help would be appreciated,

willus

Mike Cartier

Postby Mike Cartier » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Willus
I actually saw your post on the History forum of the Underground and was going to point you over here.

Ott the Jew is outside my field of study but I'm sure someone here can help you.

here is a link to my website on Pankration .http://www.historical-pankration.com

Welcome to the ARMA forums., you might want to adjust your username to be your real name, thats a rule over here
Mike Cartier
Meyer Frei Fechter
www.freifechter.com

Gene Tausk

Re: ott der jude

Postby Gene Tausk » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:25 pm

shootwillus wrote:I am a pro-mma fighter and a jew...and, thusly, i have an interest in austrian wrestling master Ott der Jude.

I am looking for perhaps a book about his life or perhaps just a portrait or woodcuts?

any help would be appreciated,

willus

Please sign off and log back in with your real name, first and last, as required by our Forum rules.
------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>gene tausk
Free-Scholar
Study Group Leader - Houston ARMA Southside
ARMA Forum Moderator

mike willus

Postby mike willus » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:33 pm

I was unaware of the name regulation, but, when in rome.

Yes, apparently ott der jude is outside the realm of most ppl's spectrum...not a popular subject...cant find that much on the web...perhaps there really just isnt that much info on him.

On a side not, my right upper arm has three tattoo's of greek combat...a hoplite duel, boxers, and pankration.

Jaron Bernstein

Postby Jaron Bernstein » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:52 pm

Ane gam yahud. 8)

I have part of Ott's manual around here somewhere. He is mentioned in Sydney Anglo's book as well. If you like I find specific page citations.

L'hitraot!

mike willus

Postby mike willus » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:59 pm

Is it his techniques that are mentioned...or is the information more biographical?

Allen Johnson

Postby Allen Johnson » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:24 am

well we have this right here if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/master-o ... tling.html
"Why is there a picture of a man with a sword in his head on your desk?" -friends inquiry

mike willus

Postby mike willus » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:49 am

Thank you,

But, yes, i have seen that...i was hoping to find something more biographical.

Return to “Unarmed Skills Discussion”